Friday, May 4, 2007

Italy And Greece Here We Come


Hi everyone..I have decided to start a new blog. This blog will focus on the trip I am taking with my grandson, Christopher. It is funny how it all came about. I was having lunch with his mom, my daughter, Kara, and she casually mentioned that Christopher had an opportunity to go to Italy and Greece with his school. I simply said four words, "When do we leave?" Well, that led to this most wonderful opportunity.

On June 19th, 2007, Christopher and I will fly to Italy and Greece and return June 29th, 2007. I am doing certain things to get ready including getting a new cell phone which is set up for International use and a Bluetooth Headset so I will be able to walk and talk and not have to hold my phone or have an earpiece with a cord dangling.


I have also purchased a Skype number so my family should be able to talk to me virtually free of charge. I have tested the Skype connection from as far away as Ireland and it is fabulous...clear as can be.

I will be posting as our preparations go along and I will certainly do my best to update the blog with pictures while we are there as I plan at this point to take my laptop with me.

Traveling has not been a big part of my life. I have made one international trip to Ireland with my husband, Tom. And, now, my second international trip is going to be with my 14 year old grandson, Christopher, which makes me smile and think what a wonderful opportunity I get to have.

I hope you will all check in regularly to see our progress and share our excitement!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm the first commenter!

The trip sounds great. Hopefully you won't need to worry too much about staying in touch with everyone back home during the 10 days. I love technology, but it can be a burden, too. Sometimes it's nice to be able to focus more fully on the here and now.

Anyway, I'll look forward to reading about your travels.

Judy Roo said...

hey lara.....yep, you are the first commenter and thank you very much...I am looking forward to the trip and am really good at being in the moment..part of the fun for me is sharing the energy with the people I love..

Anonymous said...

Judy,
You are a rockin' grandma...WoW! What an opportunity...I am so glad that you have included me in on your list of people to keep informed. I look forward to hearing all about it...Enjoy! Enjoy! Enjoy!!!

Love, Susan Erickson

Anonymous said...

I will look forward to seeing and hearing all about your trip with Christopher. What an awesome opportunity to see the world and spend some great time with your grandson! You two will have a wonderful time and you will come back changed never to be the same. (I wish I could share this experience with my son, but since I can't, I am glad you will)

Judy Roo said...

hi susan....it surely is a wonderful opportunity and one not every grandma has the good fortune to have...not only am I lucky to be going but I am lucky christopher is glad to have me come with him....

Judy Roo said...

thanks mommy roo..I am so so happy to be doing this trip with christopher....it is going to be filled with firsts and probably lasts..because you can never duplicate a first experience...I will take good care of him and will enjoy all his firsts with him..this is going to be such fun..it will be overwhelmingly wonderful!!