Thursday, July 12, 2007

First Hotel In Rome

I didn't know what to expect in terms of hotel accomodations. Our first hotel was old and one might say the rooms were cozy. It had a certain charm if you are looking at it from the outside and not actually moving in. Cozy charm was quickly translated into "Oh my goodness, where am I going to put anything and still move around." The room was maybe 12 x 12 with two doll size twin beds maybe two inches apart and no real closet. There were two cubby holes that you could hang a few things in, a nightstand beside each bed and a small desk. The bathroom was designed for half a person with a big sense of humor. There was no air conditioning, but there was a nice window that could be opened and I could look out onto my first Rome street which I discovered became the home to early morning street vendors. Now that had some charm!

Christopher really enjoyed the feeling of "cozy welcome" of the early morning street vendors. It would really have been nice to have more time to just meander along the street and look at all the wares being sold.

As I continue to share our experience I think I will be making the distinction between things we saw and moments we experienced. Taking in the early morning scene outside this hotel was a wonderful, romantic and briefly experienced moment. I wanted more of this moment.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah! More stuff!

We need to get together to see all of the pictures and hear about your trip. When do you think we can do that?

Anonymous said...

It's nice to see more pictures!!!

Anonymous said...

Well said.