Friday, July 13, 2007

From Street Vendors To The Vatican City

As I look at my pictures, I wish I knew more about the things I saw. I hope I don't give wrong information about the pictures, but it is entirely possible that I might. We were given small transistor listening devices for what was called our "whisper tours" I think. We followed a tour guide on each expedition and he/she gave lessons on the historical significance of the sites we were visiting. There were many tours going on and depending on the quality of the reception I am sure there was a lot that was missed. I know that is true for me.

Before doing this post I looked up The Vatican City Rome and learned that The Vatican City is the smallest independent state in the world, ruled by the Pope, Europes's only absolute monarch.

A major part of the Vatican consists of the Basilica St. Peter, Catholicism's most sacred shrine. I will post pictures of St. Peter's next.

Below are some pictures of The Vatican City.

The last picture is where the audience sits when the Pope makes an appearance. The statues on the top of the building are the saints.

Postscript: It has come to my attention that I should let everyone know that the pictures I am posting are pictures I have taken. It seems one of my readers thinks the pictures look professional and he wanted to make sure everyone knew that I had taken them. Thank you, Joe! I love that you appreciate my pictures!





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow. Very impressive!!!