Sunday, June 10, 2007

Big Meeting On Monday June 10, 2007

There is going to be a mandatory meeting on Monday, June 10. All the tour participants that are able to make it will receive their airline tickets, itineraries and a free backpack. Any questions anyone has will be answered and some of us will be meeting others for the first time. I am looking forward to meeting some, if not all, of the people I will be traveling with. There is something about spending this kind of time with new people. We will see each other at our best and at our worst. We will eat together and sleep together and see the world together.

As far as my preparations have gone.......I am thrilled to be almost done. I have a few things left to do, but for the most part I am ready, except for doing a trial packing.

I have planned for three things that are important to me.......safety, comfort and independence.

The truth is, this is only my second international trip. On my first international trip, I was fortunate to be going to a friend's home, where Tom and I would stay for the duration of the trip.

I think there are many people my age who are seasoned world travelers. I am not, although I feel much more seasoned now. I have spent a lot of time giving thought to making sure I am prepared in as many ways as I am able to predict. While I can solve problems well, I prefer to prevent problems. It makes life so much easier.

One of the nicest things I have done in the last couple of days is put music on my mp3 player. It was a Mother's Day gift from Tom. I expect to enjoy some of my music on the long flight. I know on other flights I have loved to watch the sky to Bach. There is something truly magical and majestic about that.

I will be picking Christopher up tomorrow and we will go to the meeting. I think it is going to seem really real when we hold those airline tickets in our hands!

No comments: