Saturday, June 23, 2007

The Isle of Capri

Tom here, reporting in for Judy.

At 3:50 PM Saturday Minnesota time, I received an urgent call from Italy. Yes, it was Judy. She and Christopher had just spend the day on the Isle of Capri and now it was nearly 11:00 PM.
"It is one of the most beautiful places in the world! Christopher and I both marveled at how amazingly pretty everything was. Then we swam in the Mediterranean."
I said, "Judy, you didn't bring a swin suit did you?"
"No."
"Did you find a nude beach???" (Long pause.)
"No... I zipped off the legs from those cargo pants I bought at REI and wore a t-shirt over my bra."

Back to the urgency of her call.

"When I went to download all the amazing pictures I took today, a message came up on my computer asking if I wanted to format my memory card!!!!!! I had used a brand new memory card today and I didn't realize that you are supposed to format the card first. Is there a chance that I can save all those wonderful photos??"
My first answer was no. I told her there were no pictured on her memory card if she did not format it first.
"No. I can see all my pictures on my camera."
I told her in that case, not to worry because we have the software utility that can find and save photos from a corrupted memory card, even after it's been formated.
She will set that memory card aside and use others, as she brought several.
She didn't want to go to bed tonight without getting an answer to that queston.

Her cell phone has not worked in Italy at all so she was using a pre-paid phone card at the hotel phone.
She said their luggage finally arrived, but in the mean time she wore Target pajama bottoms and a t-shirt to St. Peter's Basilica and the Sistine Chapel on their first day in Rome.

"I'll be in no shape to go back to work when I get home. It is absolutely exhausting! This is the most exhausting thing I've done in my life. Even with my expensive hiking shoes, my feet hurt.
I asked about Christopher's boots.
"His feet hurt too. Everybody's feet hurt from all the walking."

She said Christopher realizes again and again how lucky he is to be there. "Every day the two of us have several magical goose-bump moments."
"Last night we were sitting at a tiny little cafe when on the street a man began singing opera. Then a woman joined him. We were looking across at The Colosseum. Now, if we'd been home in Minnesota, sitting at Perkins, we'd be looking out at a Ford dealership!"

"Tomorrow we get up early and are off to Pompeii. Christopher has been saving his disposable camera for Pommpeii. Then, we take the night ferry to Greece."

Ciao.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. Wow. Wow. wowowowowowowowow.

Crazy Travel Girls said...

I agree with "It is one of the most beautiful places in the world"
You can see more pics from my blog, too! I had a weird or but memorable experience in there! haha