Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Hot hot hot in Delphi!

Tom here, reporting in for Judy.

I just got off the phone with Judy, Skype, that is. She was talking to Sarah and Davey via PC to PC. Then Joe appeared on Yahoo messenger so we had quite a party, or at least Judy did. We could not hear the others but Judy could hear all of us.

They were in Delphi today and visited the Temple of Apollo in extreme heat.

"It was 115 degrees here today. It was so hot that we were totally exhausted from all the walking. On the way back to the hotel, I had to keep talking to myself in my mind to find the energy to keep going. I kept saying to all those I love, 'I'm coming, I'm coming' just to keep myself going. I really had to work hard. Happy anniversary!"

From the Associated press.
Europe heatwave leaves 31 dead
Jun 26 11:54 AM US/Eastern
Sizzling temperatures in Greece, Italy and Romania has brought power cuts and brush fires in a heatwave that has led to at least 31 deaths in south-east Europe in recent days."This is the worst day since the heat wave started with 46 degrees (Celsius; 114.8 Fahrenheit) in two towns," Nikos Kanteres of the Greek meteorological service, said.Seven large brush fires broke out on Monday and today in Greece and hundreds of people were evacuated from threatened homes near the southern city of Pyrgos, 200 miles south-west of Athens. The Greek government closed most public services early at noon, as temperatures in the capital reached 43 Celsius (109.4 Fahrenheit).

Tomorrow is a bus tour, resting the feet.

Photos to come later.

No comments: